Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
chrisfm Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No sound and battery not charging HP Pavilion dv6608ca Windows 10 64bit

HP Pavilion dv6608ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have recently ugraded to windows 10, everything (or I should say almost everything) works fine, except for the dreaded red x on my sound icon that says "No audio output device installed" when I hover the mouse over it, so I have no sound. And the other thing is my battery doesn't seem to be charging (the battery is new) it simply says "plugged in and charging" but it clearly is not because if I unplug the power cord, the computer goes off.

I have looked around the internet for about a week now spending countless hours reading different forums from different websites, including this one, but I can't find any fixes that work. PLEASE HELP!

HP Pavilion dv6608ca

Windows 10 64bit

Product number: DY130UA#ABC

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
509 14 54
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

right click on battery then pick power options, on the left side of the window that appears it should say choose when to turn off the display. check what that says. as for the audio, the driver may not be compatible with windows 10

0 Kudos
chrisfm Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your reply. It says "Change settings for the battery plan: Balanced" and then when to turn off the display and put the computer to sleep infos..Is this the info you asked for?

About the sound, maybe I didn't say it quite the way I needed to, the thing is it stopped working while I was watching a video while using Windows 7 x64. I tried system restore and nothing... I had been interested in trying Win10 so I thought I might as well kill two birds with one stone hoping that the sound would come back with a new os installed but I was terribly disappointed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation