lh-1000 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

No sound from internal speakers

Probook 430 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have no sound from the Conexant Audio, either from the internal speakers, external speakers, or USB DVD player.  The sound does work through the HDMI cable attached to a TV.  I have tried the original driver on the restore DVD and the latest driver. I have also done all the tests I have found on the support site, and updated to the lates BIOS (1.15). Still no sound . Any help appreciated.

9 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
96841 13109 20327
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to go into the BIOS and disable the Intel Smart Audio setting.

The sound works out of the HDMI port because it is using the Intel HDMI audio device for that, not the Conexant one.

0 Kudos
lh-1000 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post

Thanks for your reply. There is no option for Intel Smart Audio. In Advanced -> Built-in Device Options there is Audio Device, Integrated Microphone, Internal Speakers, and Headphone Output. If I disable Audio Device the others are grayed out and no audio devices show up in the OS.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
96841 13109 20327
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post

You're very welcome.

This is where I came up with that idea.  The 470 G3 is the same as the 450 G3 but with a larger display.

http://h30492.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Betriebssysteme-und-Software/Audio-Problem-ProBook-450-G3/td-p...

Here is another post where the person stated to disable the ISST in the BIOS.

Now sure why your same model notebook does not have this setting.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Driver-ProBook-450-G3/m-p/5592173/highlight/true#M...

You can also see this post where someone stated you had to update the BIOS and then do some other things.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Driver-probook-450-G3/m-p/5420751/highlight/true#M72316

0 Kudos
lh-1000 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post

It's a 430 G3. I tried uninstalling from Device Manager and reinstalling without success. I've also tried disabling the Intel Audio in Device Manager also without success.  All the troubleshooting tests inside Windows say it's working, but there is no sound. Mute is off. I've also installed the latest BIOS. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
96841 13109 20327
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post

If your notebook is still under the warranty,  I suggest you contact HP technical support for assistance since none of the suggestions have worked for you.

It could be a hardware issue.

0 Kudos
lh-1000 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post

Warranty expired on Nov. 17. Can't seem to find a Technical Support number. I'll keep looking. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
96841 13109 20327
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post

Anytime.

If you live in the USA/Canada, here is the toll free # for business PC support... 1-800-334-5144

Intern
Intern
44 2 10
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post

Hello lh-1000,

Please follow the steps that i shared below,

1-Check device manager first is there any unknown device in device manager

2- Right click to unknown device and select Update Driver Software and Browse my computer for driver software

3- Select to Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

4- Select to Intel Corporation among hardwares list on left side and first Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) on right side then click next.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
0 Kudos
lh-1000 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post

No unknown device in Device Manager. The two sound devices I have are Intel Display Audio (which works throught the HDMI cable) and Conexant Smart Audio HD which is the one that doesn't work. I'm not sure where the Intel SST would fit in since it's not listed in the drivers section of the downloads.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation