Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 17t-CR0000

I have three users who all bought this HP ENVY Notebook computer HP 2024 Envy 17t Amazon HP Envy 17t-CR0000 within the last two weeks and two of them have no problems with their sound, yet the third user has no sound from the speakers at all. Upon closer examination this one (out of the three computers) seems to have this item in device manager disabled "Cirrus Logic Awesome Speaker Amps" and there is an error code 10 "No power to device". A Google search turns up people having this same issue over the last couple years:

Speakers and touchscreen stopped working after windows update 

Microsoft audio stopped working 

All three computers have had Windows Update run multiple times and are up to date, Windows update shows after clicking "Check for updates" that "You're up to date" and the driver for the Cirrus Logic Awesome Speaker Amps appears to be the same on all three computers dated 02/03/2023 version 2.4.49.895. And I'd like to point out that Google turns up multiple manufacturers (Dell, Asus, Lenovo) that use this same piece of hardware and that random users are complaining of the same problems i.e. volume is set to max and shows as operational and the volume is not muted however no sound comes from the speakers. The Windows Audio troubleshooter can't find a problem or can't fix the problem, uninstalling the device and allowing Windows 11 to reinstall the device does not work as the device still shows as disabled.

Any idea how this problem can be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Anyone, a little help here?

HP Recommended

I've been working on this for a week now and I've gotten no where, the drivers are more recent than what's on HP's site and uninstalling and removing the driver and letting Windows 11 redownload the driver doesn't work the device still has an error 10 and a message "No power to device". Can anyone tell me if this is a software issue or if it's a hardware problem?

Screenshot 2024-04-01 095002.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.