Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I just bought an HDMI cable to connect from my HP Pavilion x360 onto my TV. Unfortunately, I only get video on my TV but no audio. The audio only comes from my Pavilion x360. I am aware of right clicking the volume icon and clicking on "playback devices" to set defult the HDMI cable or TV. Unfortunaly, this is not visible even after enabling the disconnected and disabled devices. Please, anyone help so I can get the audio on my TV as well? I've let a screenshot. As a reminder, my HDMI is connected on both sides, and I have both disconnected and disabled devices visible. Thank you!Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

On my HP Envy, there's a known issue that the system doesn't always recognize the new connection, so you get video and not audio.  The solution on my machine is to connect the hdmi cable with the computer and TV off (or at least the computer sleeping), THEN you have to turn them on in the right order - I believe it's TV on first, then computer on so it finds the TV connection live already when it starts/wakes up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

On my HP Envy, there's a known issue that the system doesn't always recognize the new connection, so you get video and not audio.  The solution on my machine is to connect the hdmi cable with the computer and TV off (or at least the computer sleeping), THEN you have to turn them on in the right order - I believe it's TV on first, then computer on so it finds the TV connection live already when it starts/wakes up.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance! This worked!

@Don_ wrote:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.