Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy notebook 13-aboXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Envy notebook 13-ab0XX PC.There is no sound coming out of my device.I even used head phones. And there is no sound. I even installed audio drivers from hp. Still there i no sound. I recently updated BIOS. And installed linux mint in my pc.And installed few updates through hp support assistant. My device there is no audio devices installed. Please help me fix this issue!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Adhil_99,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having sound issues on your HP PC. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this,

Superb description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 

As I understand you have followed all the basic troubleshooting steps such as uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers, updating the Bios, you have tried installed linux and still having the issue with the sound not working on your HP PC.

I would suggest here is to run the audio test from the F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete. Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

If the audio test passes then the evidence indicates towards a software issue. In that case, you may perform the steps as described in detail from this link: HP PCs - No Sound on HP Computer

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Adhil_99,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having sound issues on your HP PC. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this,

Superb description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 

As I understand you have followed all the basic troubleshooting steps such as uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers, updating the Bios, you have tried installed linux and still having the issue with the sound not working on your HP PC.

I would suggest here is to run the audio test from the F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete. Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

If the audio test passes then the evidence indicates towards a software issue. In that case, you may perform the steps as described in detail from this link: HP PCs - No Sound on HP Computer

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.