Picjowhile
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

No sound on internet and intermittent when playing back files

HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-df0000 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm vy much hoping someone out there may be able to advise on the issue arising in the above machine this morning.

After updating drivers including sound my puter has developed a problem where I cannot hear anything over the internet (using Firefox browser) and when I try to play files containing sound the sound comes through intermittently and I can see the speakers switching itself on and off on the control bar which corresponds with the sound outage. When playing anything using Microsoft Edge as a browser the sound is intermittent also with the speakers switching themselves on and off.

So far I've disabled both drivers and speaker and reinstalled both but same problem exists. When I've run the Microsoft troubleshooter it yellow triangles something called "Generic Sound Driver" (which I understand is the driver Windows 10 comes with) but it's been difficult to get that diagnosis as frequently the speakers switch themsenves off while the troubleshooter is working so it says device is disconnected. Driver updating doesn't work as troubleshooter says best drivers are installed and the option to roll back to earlier driver is greyed out. According to device manager there are no drivers needed for the speakers so I'm quite confused.

Please help! This computer is less than two years old and when was just outside of manufacturer's warranty the mainboard blew as did the two replacement boards! Fortunately it was repaired under UK Consumer Rights Law but nevertheless I'm shocked and disappointed that such a high end device is giving such issues!!

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,920 93,577 12,295 26,136
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Picjowhile 

Please do a clean install Audio softeware/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93151.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Picjowhile
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks you for getting back to me so soon but having now tried your solution I'm afraid it hasn't made any difference

Have you any other suggestions?

Kind regards,

John

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation