Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP SpectreX360 (15-ap012dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP SpectreX360 (15-ap012dx). The sound was working fine until one week ago.  Suddenly, no sound from the built-in speakers or when I plug in a headset. The only unusual thing that happened about the same time was a windows 10 update.  However my computer says the windows 10 version it has was  installed Mar 2019 (1809).  I already tried the steps in the post from Apr 2019.  I uninstalled the audio driver, deleted the software, etc.  There were two drivers- Coxenant Smart HD and Intel (R).  The sound worked when I deleted the Coxenant driver. Unfortunately the Coxenant Smart HD driver keeps reloading every time I connect to the internet (or remain connected for more than 5 minutes) and then the sound stops working.  I reloaded the BIOS and audio drivers- no sound.  I ran the HP Support sound diagnostic and it says the speaker, headphones, headset are unplugged.  How do internal speakers get unplugged?  Does anybody know how to 1) adjust my computer so it works with this driver or 2) stop the driver from automatically loading.  Or is there another solution?  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@meaux1 

Please doewload and install newer software and driver for your machine

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp99501-100000/sp99657.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.