cancel
Mattman92 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No sound through Speakers (Headphone sensor work around?)

Hi All,

I have a HP ENVY Notebook - 17-k200na which runs Windows 10 with Beats Audio

As of last night the laptop is refusing to play any sound via the built in speakers.

Headphones work fine (both Bluetooth and wired) and it seems that the PC isn't recognising that the headphones have been removed. I'm not sure if its caused by a hardware or software issue.

I have updated, uninstalled and reinstalled the sound drivers to no avail. 

When searching this issue online most people advise a work around, in which in the playback devices settings you disable headphones and set speakers as default device. However, even with the most up to date drivers my speakers and headphones are displayed as 1 single device. 

Further to this I have seen you can disable Jack detection in Realtek HD Audio Manager. Unfortunately, whenever i try and run HD Audio Manager the window immediately closes and Beats opens in its place. Beats Audio (at least my version) has next to no settings and this option is not available to me. 

Any advice would be great. 

A link to a new version of Beats software could be advantageous if one exists. 

Any other work arounds also welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,348 14,976 852 964
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mattman92

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP ENVY Notebook - 17-k200na. I understand that you are getting speaker issues, and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Restart the computer.
  • Updating the audio driver.
  • Perform a hard reset.
  • Update the BIOS.
  • Perform an HP System Recovery.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Mattman92 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you but your solution did not work.

The issue i believe is hardware related. The headphone jack is not detecting that there isn't anything plugged into the Laptop.

Beats Audio is hijacking Realtek Audio Manager so i cannot turn off jack detection. Is there a registry or an update to Beats audio which will allow this?

in my devices my Headphones and Speakers are merged in one channel also so i cannot achieve this in any other manner. 

example.png

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,348 14,976 852 964
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mattman92

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

I request you to contact HP phone support for assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation