Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
03-22-2020 08:55 AM
Product: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
My notebook doesn't detect internal speakers. It does detect bluetooth headphones though (and not the wired ones). I've tried all the troubleshooting tips :
1. Audio troubleshooting doesn't recognize any issues
2. Downloaded the audio driver from HP suppo
3. Checked the Playback Devices. It doesn't display anything except "Digital Audio (HDMI) High definition audio device" and that too shows "Not plugged in"
4. Went back and chose a restore point to see if it fixes the issue. No luck.
5. Downgraded to windows 8.1 from windows 10.
6. Restarted in safe mode and tried to install the drivers. It says "the hardware detected is not supported by IDT high definition audio...
And several other options on forums. At this point i've started to believe that it's a hardware issue. What should I do next?
Note : Audio works with USB to 3.5 jack converter
3 REPLIES 3
03-24-2020 12:14 PM
Welcome to HP Community
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please run an Audio Test and confirm the Hardware Functionality
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio
If all the Tests pass perform a Reset. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289
Keep me posted how it goes
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
03-25-2020 03:25 PM
Thanks for keeping me posted
Since you already tried with a different OS ( Windows 8.1 ), I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options
Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support
I Am An HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community