Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No stereo MIX option for recording

HP probook 640g2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

There is no option to select stereoMIX for recording - on all previous HP desktop / laptop computers my company owned this was not a problem (windows XP or windows 7).  I have tried a few driver versions and also "show disabled devices" option in Control Panel>Sound>Recording.  The problem is I need this for few dozens of computers

Didn't even expect this to be an issue, now we have to think about external audio card if this is not posible to solve in software.

Any tips / ideas ?

I noticed od HP prodesk that DTS version is 6.x and on new probooks its 8.x but on web site there are no older versions for download

2 REPLIES 2
Palladen Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

( Here's good news read on ) Yes had all those issues, where's the recording icon when you right click speaker icon, then click sounds and then recording in the drop down box.. then you right click anywhere in the box, all disabled devices are shown, all you get is the stupid mirophone

This is a software issue by MS, why is not there is anyones guess, since it been around for ever, how you supposed to record what you here. as always MS don't care, well here's the good news, to fix the issue and you will need to pay something but well worth it if you use recording all the time, I found it works great, go to  https://imusic.aimersoft.com   and you'll get your recorder back, when you go through the sound check you'll see the line in recorder, praise the lord... ciau 

0 Kudos
totheMaxx Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First of all, why do you need this feature? This is an obsolete feature that was used in Windows XP.

Since you already have Windows 7, you can use the "Speakers" source instead of "Stereo Mix" to record all what you hear.

Unfortunately, the built-in Windows Sound Recorder doesn't work with Speakers, so you will need a more advanced software like i-Sound Recorder

Another option is use of virtual audio device like https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation