Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY-13-aq0044nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating to latest Windows 10 build both the Intel and Realtek drivers stopped working. Downloaded the latest ones from HP:

sp105617 -> Intel

sp100300 -> Realtek

They wouldn't install. Got a "The driver is not supported on this version of the operating system. 19043.985"

So currently I have no sound except with a third party Bluetooth headset.

Are compatible drivers out there? Will there be compatible drivers out there?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tkellylee

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

That was the second thing I tried after going directly to the HP support website for my machine.  Neither it nor the included supportbot helped. The heart of the problem seems to be that the latest drivers are incompatible with the latest update of Windows10, or at least that is what they say when I try to install.

HP Recommended

@tkellylee

Try reinstalling the Audio Driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

- Look for Audio input & Output Adapters and expand the List

- Look for Audio driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.

- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Also run an Audio Diagnostic and let me know if you are able to hear the sound

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.

- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.

- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

That's close to what I ended up doing 🙂  To back up a couple steps just in case this helps with future users....

This all started when I got a new set of Bowers and Wilkins PX7 Bluetooth headphones.

I had swapped back and forth between them and wired ones with no problem until the Win10 update earlier this month. Then, when I switched to the wireless headset I could talk but not hear. When I switched to the Realtek-connected ones I could hear but not talk. I tried updating/repairing drivers, the HP diagnoser/updater and its supportbot since the Windows settings tool showed a warning sign next to the Intel Display Audio driver.

Then I made my first mistake. I chatted with Microsoft customer support. They said "Corrupted drivers. Here. I'll just remove them and download the latest ones." At that point we discovered that the drivers on the site were not compatible with the latest Win 10 update. Their next suggestion was to reinstall the entire OS keeping applications and user data. I did that. No love. No sound except for the wireless headphones. I tried Realtek's website which wasn't helpful.

Finally I did close to what you suggested. I ditched the settings tool and went to the hardware control panel to get the drivers. The latest ones didn't work, but the Microsoft update tool let me roll back to earlier versions which are functional.

The latest drivers for the Audio hardware on the HP support site - from 2019 if memory serves - do not seem to be installable with the the latest Win10 x64 release - 21H1 OS Build 19043.1023 - but there are drivers which are. I hope they get updated. But somehow, mysteriously, older versions available through Microsoft's update service are.

Long story, but it might prove useful to someone in the future.

HP Recommended

@tkellylee

Thanks for the update

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.