Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I got mine to work when I disabled the windows sound drivers.  I left the nvidia sound drivers on and installed.

the windows drivers block the nvidia sound drivers.

-peace

HP Recommended
I was having similar problems this morning. A comment by Dragon-Fur (4 comments above) inspired me to: unplug the HDMI cable from my Asus laptop, restart the laptop, wait for computer to start up again, then plug the HDMI back in. This solved it for me.
Though I am aware this post is an old one, I hope my comment with help others (like me) who have come to this forum searching for answers to their problem.
Best of luck!
HP Recommended

This is why the old posts still "have life" in them!  The solutions are where you find them, after all.  Smiling.

I am glad it is working!

Happy Computing!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Had the same problem - not sure why because I didn't change anything.  Resolved by uninstalling Nvidia HDMI audio device and rebooting.  Windows installed the default driver and works now.  I am not going to mess with updating the Nvidia driver because I am running Windows 8 and I don't want to crash anything.

HP Recommended

مشكلة "Not plugged in

HP Recommended

Hello. If you still require assistance, please respond with your computer model and operating system so I can assist you thoroughly. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Even after the past four years your post is still helping.  Order of events, I never would have thought of that. I am so glad that I saw your post when I did. I was skimming through the posts of this question  and when I saw yours I figured that was easiest one to try, I tried it first and it WORKED!! Thank you, thank you.  You saved me from going through a lot of device adjustments.

HP Recommended

Reading all day to find sollution.

Simptoms:

- in nvidia control panel -> change resolution -> philips hdmi enabled audio- listed and active, but in windows audio playback devices not listed so not able to set TV as default audio device

Soluton (as for me) :

- dovnload and instal latest Nvidia drivers (explanatio: on HDMI port graphic card is giving sound)

- go to control panel ->programs and features -> uninstal nvidia HD audio driver

- connect TV and laptop with HDMI cable
- go to device manager -> other devices -> audio device on high definition audio bus, here multiple devices with triangle listed

- right click on some of listed HD devices and chose update driver, navigate to automatic nvidia extraction folder (example:  C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\331.82\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International\HDAudio)

- instal for all HD audio devices listed

- tada, your sound is working!

Philips HDMI - Copy.PNG

HP Recommended

If You are using VLC for playing videos, go to preferences -> audio -> output module - chose direct x; device: chose Your TV.

HP Recommended

I have had this problem with multiple laptops with multiple tvs.

The only SIMPLE solution I have been able to find is to access the device manager through the control panel

Go to audio and select High Definition Audio Device... Disable and Enable.

Fixed it for me, Finally no more restarting everything.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.