Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dh0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

I have problem with my laptop speaker, sometime low sometime loud.

its not happen when im using external speaker or headphone.

already reinstall realtek sound driver but not working.

please guys help me to solve this issue.

Thanks you...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@pnjasmoro Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with laptop speakers.

• Windows Audio is a Windows service that manages audio for Windows-based programs. If at all this service is stopped due to any reason, audio devices will not function properly.  
    To fix audio services, open the run command and launch services.msc.  

• In the services window search for Windows Audio and right-click on it to select Start to start the audio service. 

• And ensure the Startup Type is set to Automatic. 

• Click Apply and OK. 

Restart the computer and check if it works. 

If the issue persists, try the steps mention on this link: Click here. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have this same issue, but it happens to my right speaker only at random times where the sound is at half the volume of the left speaker. A reboot, putting the laptop to sleep or sometimes a physical bump to the side helps it fix itself. I don't know if it's hardware or software at this point. Reinstalling drivers or trying the basic windows drivers doesn't make a difference either.

HP Recommended

@Gamepad

Thank you for the update.

The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter:  

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern). 

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset and check for the issue.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.