Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Obnoxious buzzing after a few minutes of audio

15-af131dx - HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently, my audio quality has taken a leap of faith and landed two-hundred floors below splattered on the pavement. The speakers play the sound itself alright, but it is accompanied by a buzzing. Like as if someone is talking into a microphone, but the microphone is way too close to their mouth. I've found that this problem can be temporarily fixed by going into my playback devices, speakers, properties, advanced, and then randomly changing the sample rate and clicking apply. This lasts for about 30 mins to an hour. That time can be shortened even further if I am watching a YouTube video (which I am, all day every day) and I pause it. For whatever reason, when I go to play it again, the sound goes back to basically blown speakers. I don't get it. I know the laptop is covered by warranty, and considering it's directly affecting the experience I'm getting from it, I think a free repair/replacement is in order. I've only had this thing for 3/4 of a year. I've never dropped it, I don't listen to the volume on full blast (seldom higher than 40), and quite frankly, this is bull****. I've updated every driver to the latest version, so don't try to tell me that's the problem.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Obnoxious buzzing after a few minutes of audio

Hi @Mizzhapp,

Welcome to the HP Forum! :) It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More,

I understand that recently you have an obnoxious buzzing sound after a few moments of audio. You have discovered a temporary fix by going into playback devices, speakers, properties, advanced, and then randomly changing the sample rate and clicking apply, but it does not last long. As this occurred recently has there been any recent changes such as updates? Please try the following steps.

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers.
4. Click properties.
5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window. Restart your Notebook and try the sound.

You could try using the 
Windows Update Troubleshooter tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows. Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed. Should the above not help, here are two more links that could also help:

HP 15-xxxxx, 15g-xxxxx and 15q-xxxxx Notebook PCs - Audio Is Distorted When Music or Videos Are Play...

HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10)

Please let me know what worked for you if the issue is resolved.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation