Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All of a sudden last week the speakers stopped working in Windows.

I did the UEFI test and audio played and sounded correctly, but nothing out of Windows.

Must be a MS problem but it thinks the Realtek Audio runs just fine, just can't hear it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RC_Duneland

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try steps 3 and 5 from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/omen-15-en0000-laptop-pc-series/32827270/model/34667933/documen...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ran the support assistant and got the result that the speaker was unplugged.

no_speaker.png

HP Recommended

Let's do an audio test:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_2854458-2733239-16

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nothing noted in the test.  "Audio" (the realtek driver) runs just fine. 

The problem is that the "Speaker" doesn't produce audio.

Again, I ran the Boot-time UEFI test on audio and actually heard for myself that the speaker functions. (I  actually just ran it again, and heard good audio from the physical speaker)

It's a "Speaker" driver issue, so instead of telling me every third day to run one more obvious Audio test , how about telling me about the "Speaker" driver, and how to get it fixed, or at least how to get the information from it.

HP Recommended

Let's do a system rest:

1. Turn off your HP laptop.     2. Disconnect all external devices (printers, USB drives, etc.) from your computer.     3. Remove all recently added internal hardware.     4. Press the Power button to switch your HP laptop on.     5. Once your unit starts booting, immediately press the F11 key. Repeatedly press it until you see the Choose an Option screen.     6. Select Troubleshoot.     7. Choose Reset this PC.     8. You can either opt to keep your files or to remove everything.     9. Select Keep My Files when you want to retain your data. Once you click Reset, your operating system will be reinstalled. The process may take a while.     10. Choose Remove Everything when you want to remove all your personal files.     11. You can opt to remove everything solely on the drive where your operating system is installed. On the other hand, you can click All Drives when you do not want to retain any data. You can also fully clean the drive you selected or just remove your files.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.