Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-cb0034nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

The issue

I'm experiencing a fixed audio delay, around 30-50ms, happening everywhere : system, video, gaming.
It means that when a character talks, the audio is late by one syllable. And it irritates me. A lot. 🙂

It happens when using the internal speakers / headphones (using the Realtek sound drivers), and even with a Soundbar on the HDMI port (using the Nvidia hdmi sound drivers).

What I tried :
Even if the issue was there from the beginning (I bought this laptop 2 weeks ago) the HP support asked me to do a system recovery, so I downloaded the thing on a USB stick and after the recovery, nothing changed. 
I tried different Realtek sound drivers I found on the Internet, but that did nothing. 

What is half working :
I noticed the Intel Smart Sound Technology Drivers, and I guessed it's the thing on the chipset giving the orders to the sound drivers (or maybe something like that). So I tried other drivers. I updated the Intel Smart Sound Technology Controller Driver (v. 10.24.0.2763) and… It works !!!! The audio delay disappeared ! But the audio sounds really bad.. !! the Realtek drivers now works on compatibily mode as "non registered / non recommanded by windows"  … and now everything sound like it was recorded from a closet with a cheap microphone… 

Any ideas ? 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Tseu-Hi Greetings from the HP Community!

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?

While you respond to that, I recommend you download and install the latest Audio drivers and BIOS update for you PC: Click here to find and install.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher, thank you for your answer.

[quote]Have you run the HP Support Assistant?[/quote]

Yes, all drivers are up to date, except the Intel MEI driver which is for W10 v1809, so it won't install

[quote]Have you done all your Windows updates?[/quote]

Yes

[quote]Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?[/quote]

Yes, nothing to report, technically speaking.

[quote]Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?[/quote]

Yes, it's all the same.

The BIOS was up to date from day 1.
I'm trying right now the last Audio driver (6.0.8726.1 Rev.A, which is older than the one installed : 6.0.8813.1)

Aaand.. it's not working, it says "driver is not supported on this OS version 10.0.18363".

I insist on the fact that only changing the Intel Smart Sound controller driver did something concerning the delay.. with bad audio quality in return. Maybe there's something to see here ? The latest drivers are 6 months old and there's been the windows 10 november update since..

HP Recommended

@Tseu-Hi

thank you for posting back. 

Let's rollback the Audio drive:

1. Open Device Manager.  
  2. In Device Manager, locate the device Audio input and outputs.
  3. Right-click on the device's name or icon and choose Properties. 
  4. Select the Driver tab.
  5. Select the Roll Back Driver button.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake
Hi, I'm afraid there's nothing to rollback to, it's a fresh hp recovery installation

realtek.jpg

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@Luki1412
Thanks but it I couldn't find the third-party-driver-thing working with the Intel Smart Sound..
And the other drivers didn't change the delay..

I tried something else to go around the issue : Since the latest Intel Smart Sound drivers I found work for me (but resulting in a bad audio quality), I chose to install FxSound.. with this software I can at least configure an equalizer, and somehow correct the bad result I got with this drivers.. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

If no one got a better solution, I'll go with this for now !
thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.