Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Only left headphone channel works

T6T09UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am only able to hear audio from the left channel of my headphones. The headphones work as normal in other devices and I tried a second pair of headphones in the same working order and received the same result. All drivers appear normal.

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
18,208 17,730 1,286 1,939
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @grchapajr, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are able to get audio only from the left channel on your headphones.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please uninstall the audio drivers from your PC and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Update the audio drivers using this link.

Also, update the BIOS using this link.

Go to Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> manage audio devices>under the playback tab click on the device you're using from the list shown> properties> levels>balance> you should see two sliders for the left and right side of your headset.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot headphone issues.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
grchapajr Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This did not work. The only update was an audio driver update that was pushed through on 5/15. Prior to this there were no issues with the 3.5mm jack recognizing my headphones. Balance is fine, was one of the first things I checked. Incredibly frustrated to try to understand why the audio out jack, of all things, doesn't seem to work properly for no apparent reason.

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,710 19,355 1,621 2,688
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@grchapajr

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If the issue occurs on alternate headphones as well, 

You've done all the steps mentioned on the links shared earlier,

I recommend you run a hardware test on the sound card and get back to me with the results: Click here for instructions.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

ZERIO Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ive been having same issue whenever I try to use the ps2 sound output. The speakers;headphne properties on the bottom says

L R ANAOGIC CONNECTOR

LR  LEFT PANEL CONNECTOR 3,5MM 

NO RIGHT ´PANEL AVAILABLE. TRIED OTHER 3,5 MM AKA PS2 CABLES and the same problem persists... very annoying n xtremily dissapointed w HP laptops . Ive searched on the web and it sounds that its a very common trouble. Ive also checked the DVRSET file and found that drivers dated 2017!!!! Ive already got them updated and no way to get them both working properly...only left channel..my last hope was here..but once Ive read no solution yet its quiet overwhelming.

0 Kudos
384 377 17 45
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation