Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

About 5 days ago I went through a routine update that my laptop automatically does on its own, upon it restarting I went on using it as usual but when I put on some music the sound was incredibly low. I usually have my volume set to around 25-30% and its perfect, so when I went to turn the volume up it was already at what I usually have it at, yet sounded like it was at around 5%.

I'm guessing this problem is related to the update because it happened immediately after and was working as usual prior. I don't think the speakers are blown out because they still give out sound, but much lower. The quality of the sound seems to have to decreased as well, sounding similar to a very cheap bluetooth speaker.

So how can I fix this? Is this something I can do on my own, or something I need to bring in to a repair shop?

Another note I'd like to make is that I've searched around online for days for a fix but keep seeing similar answers regarding 'Enhancements' and making sure that  'Loudness Equalization' is checked, (I've followed the steps and still no change.) updating/installing/uninstalling drivers, and so on.

I am at a total loss and would really appreciate help on this issue, thanks (: !!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.