Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion X360 Converter

The headphone jack on my Hp laptop has just started not working, it plays sound when headphone aren't in it, vut when i plug them in i get no sound at all.

i have checked and run the tests on it but still no sound, it isnt my headphones as they work on my phone perfectly.

i am using the 3.5mm jack and its under playback settings, please help!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ImJustFrog

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I came across your post and would like to assist. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion x360 series laptop and the headphone jack does not work, You're able to hear sound from the speakers but not through the headphones. You have been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills and valuable patience. Kudos to you for that. You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• What is the your exact laptop model number? This link will help you locate the model number: https://hp.care/2fzXWAI
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop before this issue started?
  • Have you tried using another headphone or does this headphone work fine on another computer (if available)?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the steps in detail from this HP document: https://hp.care/2rZkQBt

These steps help in fixing various headphone related issues.

NOTE: Though this link offers steps for Win8, these steps will be helpful for Win10 too.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion - 15-cs3023ca Product number   7YZ62UA#ABL Serial number  [edit]headphone jack won't even go in all the way. These headphones work on all other devices without a problem.  What's the fix ?

HP Recommended

@Karan764

This seems to be a Hardware issue since the earphone jack does not even go all the way in.

I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.