Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-ee1000 (2E2K9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I purchased a new laptop yesterday. Today, I have plugged in my usual headphones to the headphone jack, however the audio quality is very tinny and poor when coming through the headphones. There is absolutely no bass at all. The headphones work perfectly fine and wonderfully with other devices. The problem persists with other headphones that otherwise work fine with other devices. I have updated, and checked all the audio settings etc. 

There are no new drivers available on the HP website. There are also no hardware failures. I love my music, so audio quality is of the upmost importance to me.

Any suggestions? Is there an issue, or has the audio quality in HP Envy laptops significantly decreased? The model I upgraded from was the HP ENVY x360 - 15-ds0037au. It had stunning audio, plenty of bass and works perfectly with the same headphones I am using in the new laptop. 

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, @Liza211 did you recently upgrade your operating system to Windows 11, or did the laptop come pre-installed with Windows 11? 

HP Recommended

The laptop came pre-installed with Windows 11. Apparently it is version 21H2, to be exact.  

HP Recommended

Okay, I see, and have you tried connecting an external speaker to see if the sound will be low?

HP Recommended

Yes, the audio quality seems to be perfectly normal when connected to an external speaker.  

HP Recommended

Okay, I see, perhaps the laptop has a hard time working with the headphones. You can also try another brand of headphones to see if it will work. 

HP Recommended

I have tried multiple other brands and types of headphones to no avail - the poor audio quality is still there. I suppose I will just have to live with it. I'm very disappointed. 

HP Recommended

Hi Liza, I had the same problem with my HP Envy 13 x360. I tried many different solutions but nothing seems to work. Also, nothing wrong with my headphones work perfectly and deliver deep bass with my Lenovo T460. But when I use them with this one, the sound is horrible—no bass with over treble sound. Equalizers are not working. I really regret the decision I made to buy and Envy nor I would recommend anyone to purchase this product. I have seen the same problem with so many other users with Envys I don't know why HP doesn't pay attention to this type of issue. Sadly I'm looking forward to buying another one probably from Lenovo.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but, connecting to an external amplifier produces equally terrible audio quality. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.