02-21-2017 01:31 PM - last edited on 02-21-2017 10:33 PM by danny-r
I purchased my HP X2 12-b020nr about a month ago and all of the updates have been completed. The sound is tinny. I don't see any controls for bass and treble. It is hard to listen to the music. I had to add an external blue tooth speaker. It was easy to set up but for traveling it would be nice if the speakers worked better.
02-22-2017 10:13 AM - edited 02-22-2017 10:37 AM
Good Day! Thanks for visiting the HP community. I understand that there are issues with audio from your speakers. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you with this. 🙂
Stupendous efforts. Spectacular analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 It is always a privilege to work with technical specialists like you. 🙂 great job trying out a Bluetooth headset to isolate the issue further.
You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. We greatly appreciate you for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.
- Did this happen after a windows 10 update or a software update?
- When did it last work fine? Have the speakers worked fine before?
- Have you connected another set of external speakers or headset to the audio port of the computer?
- Please provide the complete model# and the operating system unit of the computer.
For starters please connect a headset to the audio port of the computer and play a few music tracks. If the audio is clear, then there is a hardware issue with the speakers and they need to be replaced.
For this please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced.
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you
If the headset sounds tinny also, please perform these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Then check the box delete the software for this device.
- Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then check if the situation has been corrected.
Please check this link out for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04973149
Hope this helps. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee