Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Shelomoh Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor sound quality

I have an HP 2000-2D19WM that I bought five days ago. It is running on windows 8 and has all the drivers updated. The problem experienced is that it produces very poor quality of sound whether I use speakers or headphones. I tried to tweak by using the enhancement options but to no avail. The sound may be louder but the quality below par. Please I need help.

4 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
7336 358 762
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor sound quality

Hello @Shelomoh,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see that your notebook computer is producing a poor quality sound, and I would be happy to help you!  

To improve the quality of sound on your computer, I recommend following this document on No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8). This should help with the playback on your system.

In addition, you can also follow @SuperMario1's thread on Troubleshooting Guide: Audio does not Work after a Certain Period of Time. This guide should help with your notebook's audio output in regards to a recent Windows Update.

For more assistance, I will need to know:

1. If your computer has completed all of its important Windows Updates.
  2. If you have updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant.

3. The format of music files you are playing, and the program you are playing them on.

4. If this is an on-going, or recent issue.
  5. If using headphones produces the same poor quality.  

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!

Regards :smileyhappy:  

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tags (1)
Shelomoh Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor sound quality

Thank you very much sir for your assistance in helping me solving the problem. I have tried going through all the stages but to no avail. Finally am taking the laptop back because it’s warrant is still active. Thank you all the same for your time and dedication.

0 Kudos
Denzjim Tutor
Tutor
8 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor sound quality

I got this similar problem with my Laptop but I found the solution.

TRY THIS:
1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click <Playback Devices>.
3. Click <Speakers>.
4. Click <Properties>.
5. Click the <Advanced> tab.
6. Unchek <Enable audio enhancements>.
7. Click <Apply> then <OK>.

You may want also to do the same on your other Playback devices like Communications Headphones.

Hope this can help.

Mofkar Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor sound quality

My laptop was recently re-imaged and this took care of the problems I was having.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation