Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17-ce0005nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After several months I still occasionally have problems with the Band & Olufsen audio control app.  Basically, when i try to open the app, I get the message "cannot connect to RPC service". In the past I have been able to solve the problems by updating the Realtek drivers, but I have also tried updating the bios, doing Windows updates etc.

Yesterday the problems returned, but I already have the latest Realtek drivers installed, so I have been unable to fix the trouble. To make things worse, when I click on B&O in Windows Start, I get taken to Microsoft Store!!

I am convinced that the problem is due to B&O not updating;  my version of B&O is still 1.8.203.0. whereas it should be at least 1.9.212.0. I cannot update it via Microsoft Store.

Can some lend me a hand?

Thanks.

Just an update...

I have finally managed (still not sure how) to update the B&O audio control app, and I am no longer taken to the Microsoft Store when I click on B&O in the Start menu. But the app will still not open; I continue to get the message that it "cannot connect to RPC service". There must be a way around this...

Further update...

Problem solved!!! Thanks to the website at the link below, I've managed to resolve this problem that's been bugging me for months. You just need to make sure that Realtek Audio is enabled at startup. Why isn't this generally known? Hope this info can help someone else.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/realtek-audio-console-cant-connect-to-rpc-service.254937/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.