Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP notebook - 15-ay147cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Update the Windows a few days ago to the 1903 version and now the audio is heard very low, in addition to having problems with the headphones when connecting it and not switching between laptop speakers and headphones when I connect the device.

I have uninstalled and installed a lot of audio drivers and nothing, follows the same problem. I can't find a solution and it's really very annoying that you hardly hear anything with the laptop speakers

I NEED HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM

A few months ago the same thing happened to me and after sending a message in the help center, I got an update notification for the sound and voila, but this time I sent a lot of message and nothing

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Brayner I recommend you create a backup of all personal data and perform a system restore to an earlier date where the device was working fine, if its indeed the update that caused the issue, you should be able to disable the windows updates afterwards to ensure the auto-update doesn't occur again, until Microsoft releases a patch to fix the low sound issue, you may provide feedback to the Microsoft team and await response.

1. Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2. Type services.msc and press Enter.

3. Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it.

4. In Startup type, select "Disabled". Then click "Apply" and "OK" to save the settings.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Brayner Welcome to HP Community!

First of all check if your speaker or headphone connections work, to understand if this is either an issue with the speakers or the sound card, drivers, etc..

1. Check speaker volume levels, and try turning all the volume controls up.
  2. Also make sure headphone not connected, as your speakers probably won’t work when headphones are plugged in.
  3. Make sure the latest Windows updates installed on your device, Or head over to settings, Update & security and click on check for updates button.
  4. If you’re connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.
  5. Select the Start button,
  6. type Sound in the search box, and then select Sound from the list of results.
  7. On the Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

Run the inbuilt playing Audio troubleshooting Tool that detects and fix problems prevent playing audio sound on Windows 10.

• Press Windows + I to open Settings app,
  • Click update & Security then Troubleshoot,
  • On right-hand side look for and select Playing audio,
  • And click on Run the troubleshooter,
  • This will detect and fix windows 10 audio sound problems.
  • Restart Windows after completing the troubleshooting process and check Audio sound working.

If the issue persists, click here to troubleshoot further.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

good day and thank you very much for your time, sorry for the delay

The solution that has given me has not worked for me, I have tried everything and I can no longer go back to previous drivers since I have uninstalled and installed others to solve the problem

When I use the troubleshooter, it tells me that everything is fine, but the speakers are still very low

I had problems with the audio input with the headphones, since I did not detect when I connected them and both devices (speakers and headphones) were heard. In the same way I could not use the microphone of the headphones but I could fix that problem by changing from realtek driver to a windows driver called "High definition audio device"

but the speakers are still low

HP Recommended

@Brayner I suggest turning off the audio enhancements as that should help increase the volume:

Follow these steps:

• Select the Start  button, type sound in the search box, and then select Sound settings from the list of results.

• Under Related Settings, select Sound Control Panel.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or press and hold) the Default Device, and then select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
trying to put other drivers now gave me an error that doesn't let me install them (error 0x000005b3), now I can't install any audio driver and I literally don't hear anything
HP Recommended

@Brayner I understand, please try the below steps to resolve the issue:

Step-1: In your Task bar Search Box, type Disk Cleanup.

Step-2: When the result appears, hit Enter.

Step-3: A pop-up will show up. Select the desired drive (commonly C) using the drop-down menu and then click on OK.

Step-4: On the running wizard, check the boxes of all options located under Files to delete. Make sure you don’t have any important thing in the Recycle bin. Finally, tap the OK button to initiate the process.

Fix Printer Error 0x000005b3 Operation failed in Windows 10

Once done, check if Printer Error 0x000005b3 is resolved.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

no, the problem is still not resolved
still throwing the same error when installing an audio driver

HP Recommended

@Brayner It's time we run a hardware test on the device to ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction before we troubleshoot further:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click Component Tests.
  • Click Audio Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

20190828_170945[1].jpg

HP Recommended

@Brayner I recommend you create a backup of all personal data and perform a system restore to an earlier date where the device was working fine, if its indeed the update that caused the issue, you should be able to disable the windows updates afterwards to ensure the auto-update doesn't occur again, until Microsoft releases a patch to fix the low sound issue, you may provide feedback to the Microsoft team and await response.

1. Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2. Type services.msc and press Enter.

3. Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it.

4. In Startup type, select "Disabled". Then click "Apply" and "OK" to save the settings.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.