Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

same issuse as https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Probook-650-G1-low-sound-volume/td-p/6913270 

EDIT: I POST ANSWER BELOW AFTER DISCOVERING SOLUTION

no answer given actually fixed the problem.

Low volume on Probook 650 running win 10, 64 bit. Enhancements are not an answer, they are a off-brand band-aid that has poor adhesive. HP, please give us an answer that solves the problem.

The sound was fine in Win 7, 64 bit; what changed??

thank you in advance,

PC

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ok,  I answered my own question.

• First, uninstall your device driver by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the system tray. Click"Sounds", Sounds control panel will appear.
  • Click Playback>Select Active Device>Properties, New Window "Speakers/HP Properties" will appear. Click General>Properties, a new window with device name will appear.
  • Click "Change Settings" [with shield icon beside it], an unlocked device properties window will appear.
  • Click Driver>Disable Device>"YES" on popup>Uninstall Device. Affirmation of uninstall will reboot machine.
  • Upon reboot, visit: Probook G1 HP Drivers Support Page in order to find HP-made machine drivers.
  • Where it reads "Detected Operating System" Click "Choose a different OS" and select Windows 7 (64Bit).
  • Click "Change". this may take a few min to load, as the HP website seems to somehow use your own machines' CPU power to compile the list of drivers. Once the list is populated,
  • Click + All Drivers>+ Audio and download the single exe shown.

This fixed it for me, hopefully it can help you as well!

Best,

PC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.