Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, this is my first post, if I make any mistakes or my english is bad plz dont mind me.

"A picture is worth a thousand words" :

HP FLOWHP FLOW

Flow exe was working on 45% CPU I just managed to Prnt Scr at 0%.

When I got this laptop I 2016 I installed windows 10. As you already know windows 10 automatical updates your system you want it or not. My sound was working nicely until windows update kept installing HP Flow even after I remove it it reinstalls.

So after a while the hp flow makes my audio card to literally uninstall (there is now audio in device manager). I had to restart laptop go into bios and just exit (didn't had to change anything). After the restart it would work fine until last year (2018) when it happened the same but this time it literally Destroyed my audio the 3.5m jack doesn't work anymore. From now on I have to use either bluetooth headphones or USB audio jack.

I use HP for about 10 years and I am amazed by the quality of products and I would always suggest hp over others. I am a bit disapointed that this HUGE mistake was made. Many other ppl have the same problem. I am not trying to find a fix since it already broke my audio (reinstalling windows dont work, also speakers work fine). 

I just hope that someone in HP will read this. One suggestion is dont go the way other laptop makers went. I still have my old 4720s running ;).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Take a look at the below document and solution and see if it helps:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06209366?hprpt_id=HPGL_ALERTS_2033325&jumpid=em_alerts_us-us_...

Regards,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.