Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same issue. Spotted in In the 2nd week of using the laptop and the frequency is increased which is worrying. Just to mention that I did not spot it on zoom but while playing NFS most wanted.

It's so annoying, think  I will take it down to Currys for a check.

video link 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the method suggested by Svan1971 has not improved my laptop. I'm still continuing to get audio crashes during zoom/teams with the loud buzzing noise. Luckily I still have some time left to return this laptop so that is what I will be doing. Many people on here don't have that ability though which is not fair to them. While I've seen several HP reps on here trying to troubleshoot with people, this is clearly a major issue affecting their ryzen laptops that needs solved by their engineers.

HP Recommended

I totally agree.  I bought this laptop for back to school and my daughter is now completely frustrated.  She needs to be able to make Zoom calls, and I don't have time to spend all day debugging it and reinstalling drivers, turning off updates, restoring the system.  

HP Recommended

My Envy's barely a week old and I've had this happen to me several times already. The laptop would first freeze, and then the speakers would lock up, emitting a horrible grinding sound. Today, though, my laptop froze, the screen went blank for a few mins (no noise), and then it sort of restarted itself, but the audio wouldn't work. I then ran the HP support assistant fix audio issue utility and the machine completely froze - I ended up having to power down. A few days back, I updated the graphics driver but suffered a THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD. Has anyone else had this issue?

HP Recommended

I know this is not the fix we would hope for, but until the correct drivers are made available to all of us, I suggest my approach.  If the purpose of your laptop is online video chat like Zoom, download latest drivers from AMD website, then go to Device Manager and disable AMD audio device.  Use an external microphone of your preference, USB or bluetooth.  I am personally using the built-in speakers and have not had an issue with them since disabling the internal microphone.  This "fix" has let my son complete all of his online classes without a problem and it avoids me the hassle of force-shutting down, re-downloading drivers and going in a vicious circle.  If I could return it I would, but since I can't now, I will deal with it this way.  

HP Recommended

HP really need to get their act together. Spending close to a 1000 GBP for a laptop only to be annoyed with such a trivial issue. Been using a dell laptop for more than 7 years now and it works without an issue.

Do HP really bother with users facing issues or is every customer let to fend on their own?

HP Recommended

Just ordered a microphone - will try out this solution.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and this is my second Envy. It’s definitely a software issue. Every couple of hours I hear, “Dad! The computer is making the buzzing noise again!” Then I have to hard reset it to get the noise to stop. She uses Microsoft Teams and this issue is making her virtual learning even worse than it already is. Spent about 5 hours with HP Support over the past week without success.

We reset Win 10 to factory

Uninstalled / installed audio and graphics drivers multiple times

Downloaded AMD Adrenaline 2020

None of these solutions worked and HP Support believes it’s a Microsoft Team application issue. We have a couple more weeks with the laptop before we can ‘t return it. HP needs to acknowledge and correct this issue.

HP Recommended

I purchased this device specifically for client meetings on both Zoom and Teams which are held daily, and it is incredibly embarrassing and annoying to have it crash mid meeting almost every time.

HP, it is definitely not a Teams specific issue. It is seemingly a driver issue and assuming so, ought to be fixable with ease.

HP REALLY need to get themselves on this ASAP or the product will be returned and exchanged for a more reliable Dell. I suspect I will only be one of many...!

#fixitHP !!!

HP Recommended

My computer is less than 2 months old, and this also happened to me in 2 different platforms. First, the microphone wouldn't work so I switched to Google Meet. The microphone still wasn't working, so restarted everything, logged back in and it worked temporarily. Then there was the tremendous buzzing noise, not from the speakers. I had to restart the whole thing. I work in healthcare and this was during a visit, so NOT OK. 

HP what are you doing about this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.