Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I tried the "Accepted solution" but got an error saying that the driver is not supported in the Windows 10 version that I have. Do you have any additional advice? 

HP Recommended

Nobody commented in 10 days.  Did someone finally fix this?

Did you update the video driver and disable automatic updates?

Did you disable advanced audio?

Have you had success using a headset?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Info: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110299.html

Download: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110299.exe

^ Have run several 3-4 hour steam voice chats since installing this and have not had a crash yet, okay calling this solved now.  Thank you HP for fixing the issue, this needs to get out to more people though, many don't realize there is a fix.

HP Recommended

Has this worked for 20H2 builds as well? I am seeing only support for 1909 and 2004 builds.

HP Recommended

Do we have to update the AMD drivers and then install this driver?  It says its not compatible with this OS.  Also, has anyone found this as an actual permanent solution or will it be temporary up until new driver packages are released?  It seems to be that one driver "fixes" the issue but only temporarily and then the next update ruins everything all over again.  I'm also experiencing driver issues with Wifi that requires a RESET.  

HP Recommended

Only solution I found was disabling AMD audio device altogether and using an external MIC.  Already got used to that and months later a driver is suggested but does not work at all or works temporarily.  The issue I'm experiencing every now and then is the Wifi not connecting and it requires a RESET.  Has anyone else experienced this as well or just the audio issues?

HP Recommended

this didnt work for me

HP Recommended

Hi, everyone knows if this solution applies to Envy x360 13 with Ryzen 5 4500U , too?

HP Recommended

I think that it "should", at least as a temporary fix.  I have a Pavilion, with the same CPU.  We used that work around until HP released a driver update to fix the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.