Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Chiara1987 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Intel HIgh Definition Audio Device issue

Hello, I'm having the same problems as the first user. There's a red cross by the audio notificatication bottom right hand side of my screen. I've tried the troubleshooting andit says there's no device installed. I've tried downloading the graphics card but not sure what to do from there. Can anyone help?

The picture shows what I can see on my device manager.

Thanks in advance,

Chiara

2017-07-09 (1).png

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 420 570
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Intel HIgh Definition Audio Device issue

Hi @Chiara1987,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP computer.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps listed below:

And here are a few steps to uninstall the drivers from device manager:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry(Intel High Definition Audio and Intel high-definition DSP), and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

Note With some devices, you might have to restart the system to complete the uninstall process. The device might continue to function until the system has been restarted.

Deleting a Driver Package from the Driver Store

On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Now update the drivers from HP Support Assistant by following the link: Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

If the issue still persists, then you may need to run the HP hard drive diagnostic test by following the steps listed below:

Use the following steps to open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to the main menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
  3. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
  4. In the main menu, click component test.
  5. Then click on Audio.
  6. Select the Quick Test to perform a quick check of the hardware.
  7. Select the Extensive Test to perform a full check of the hardware. This test might take 2 or more hours to complete.
  8. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for the component is shown on the screen.
  9. If component passed, exit from that screen.

You may also check the link: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation