cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Re: Sound quality is considerably worse since last Windows 10 update

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm also having the same sound issues since the last mammoth Windows update.  I have a Pavilion dv7.

I tried entering my product number: B3W46EA#ABU, and it still only gave me options for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

The audio device that was in my list of devices, is no longer there.  I used to be able to use the Beats audio output.  The audio Troubleshooting guide in Windows is no good.  It's only looking for the Windows driver, and says it's working okay.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 21
Level 21
125,999 116,180 18,859 28,775
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestions I can offer are these...

Try this W8.1 audio driver and restart the PC.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59654.exe

If that doesn't work...

Try the W10 driver from a newer model with the beats audio and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

I suggest you create a system restore point in case either of these drivers make a bad situation worse.

Then you should be able to run the system restore utility and select the restore point you created to go back to where you are now.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've managed to get the sound back back installing a Windows 7 driver.

Would there be any added benefit to using a Windows 8.1 or 10 driver?

0 Kudos
Level 21
Level 21
125,999 116,180 18,859 28,775
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the sound is working and you tried the above drivers I posted, and they didn't work, then I would leave well enough alone.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation