Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Rollback SST works! Thank you very much. :HeartEyes:

HP Recommended

So it took me a very long time to understand these instructions but it absolutely works. I found the SST drivers under "System Devices" in device manager. One of the two allows you to roll back the driver. I opened Properties>Driver>Roll Back Driver and it worked. This was ruining my day. Thanks for the solution.

HP Recommended

None of these seem to be a solution for me.

1) Solution by Schidakov : Rollback the SST drivers : I dont have that option (greyed out)

2) Solution by DaveArnold78 : Right click, select Update Driver,  Choose browse from computer. Ok I browse... where? what files? Unclear.

I tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers from HP, number SP089052 ,  it ends in error "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver" , error -0001, No driver supported in this driver package.

HP Recommended

It is indeed because of the Intel SST drivers but try to download and install the latest one from the HP web site from the drivers page as you should have a realtek device for audio not intel SST. But if this is being updated in the following days you either have to completely remove intel SST or just disable driver updates from System settings 

HP Recommended

When you browse it offers a choice one containing the letters SST and the High Definition Audio Driver....choose the latter

HP Recommended

This solution works also for me, thnaks a lot!

HP Recommended

@St3ve1, I tried that, the official drivers from HP didnt work, but a reddit thread adviced going to the RealTek website. I did this :

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/

And chose the windows 10 driver from the High Definition Audio Codecs option. Then you most jump through a few hoops to get the file, but that driver works, audio returned. I will wait the coming days for an official update, since this seems to be a widespread occurence.

HP Recommended

Crimson Omen

When you browse System Device in Device Manager, do you see an item with SST in the description?

All you are doing effectively is Updating the driver of the SST audio to be the High Definition Audio, Browsing your computer and slecting List... will display one of 2 choices, you pick the High Def one...

HP Recommended

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I have two HP laptops and both of them experienced this problem after the same Windows 10 update. Probably wasted 3 or 4 hours trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem. This solution worked.

HP Recommended

Hi. 

I understand what you mean however on some laptops that come with Win 10 from the factory, any non OEM driver wont work and you get an error from the installer. Still i m glad you got it working and yes this will be fixed in future updates but at the moment the intel driver overrides the realtek one for some reason.  If you can run the realtek audio over intel SST thats even better.

All the best

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.