Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i installed realtek over the intel hd audio thru device manager. i dnt know if its because i uninstalled the update from windows or not. when i uninstalled the windows update the sound problem was still there. i went to intel hd audio in device manager and updated driver with a realtek driver on my computer thru device manager and it started working. i restarted and it is still working now. maybe this can be done with the update installed. idk yet

HP Recommended

Thank you, worked like a charm!

HP Recommended

The windows 10 October 2018 update has once again caused the error for audio not working in several pc's. not only for hp but other brands too. here is how to fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed error In Windows 10

It should also be noted that windows have temporarily paused the new update rollout.

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what I was doing, but I got my laptop audio working even after restart.

I basically just rollback the Realtek HD audio driver from device manager.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Omen 15 cexx and experienced the same problem yesterday. I tried unininstalling/ rolling back the SST drivers back to High Definition Audio as was explained in this thread and it seemed to have remedied the issue. Unfortunately though, my audio quality after that was terrible - bass and treble were all flat. Also, the last or latest Realtek drivers/ software on the HP website do not include the Bang & Olufsen audio control panel which seemed to have gotten replaced in the last Windows 10 update. So I updated the SST drivers back to its original state and installed driver version 6.0.1.8216 (Bang & Olufsen version), the audio on my Omen is working 100% (for now at least).
Realtek audio driver/ software with Bang & Olufsen: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81928.exe

HP Recommended

Hello, you put a easy way to fix it but how come mine has no roll back i mean I can't click the "roll back" 😞

HP Recommended

You don't have to rollback, you just reinstall the original high definition audio driver. The Intel sst disabled it.

When you click list it should show you high definition audio click and it will install.

HP Recommended

Thanks. It worked

HP Recommended

To the record dear folks, I worked hard with my laptop last evening, sound worked flawlessly, so I can confirm one more time: it works!

HP Recommended

Hello sir, I've been here in my OMEN laptop like less that 12hrs  just to fix it. After all of the solution that I followed still nothing's happening 😞  I dont know whats wrong with my laptop 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.