Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Screenshot (2).png

1st part of my  system device1st part of my system device

2nd part of system device2nd part of system device

HP Recommended

how come mine like this 😞 no High Definition Audio to choosehow come has no High Definition Audio :(how come has no High Definition Audio 😞

HP Recommended

Hi had the same problem here on the same laptop HP Omen 15 (ce00xx). What's worse is it doesn't let me install the Realtek drivers from the HP website due to some error.

What I did was install the audio codecs from the Realtek website AND THEN install the driver from the HP website. Then it finally worked again.

Regards,

Hindi Essay

HP Recommended

DaveArnold78 ,

I followed the steps exactly as you suggested. I got the audio back. I am waiting to see if a new windows update will install the SST again. I hope it does not. 

HP Recommended

From what i read, the update wont be installed anymore by Windows so you don t need to stop Windows updates but if the driver update doesn t work, you can also try to remove the realtek software from "add or remove a program" and then restart the pc.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much I have been messing with this for the past 2 days and tried everything.  Again thank you very much very much 🙂   

HP Recommended

Well, its a possibility as MS wants to control it's OS's since Windows 10 a lot more.

Just keep the instructions handy !

Dave

HP Recommended

@Sora0714

Did you try the other? I mean did you try to update Audio Controller not OED?

HP Recommended

I had the same issue on my laptop too. I use my laptop for office work like checking vehicle tracking system application a lot to monitor our assets. Recently due to some malware function I have to reset my laptop and I endup with audio problem which was not working properly.

Thanks to Schidakov for the solution. Now it has fixed.

Jessica Max
New York
Vehicle tracking system
HP Recommended

Yeah great, but I'm not an OG like you , there is any possibilty that one guy from HP can do the same "thing" that u did??
Cuz i've never been that proficent with my pc.

c'mon hp, help me 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.