Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion gaming 15-cx0006nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have some problems with Realtek HD Audio driver.

First,  every time after boot sound seems to be really flat - with no bass, it's a  pain to hear something on headphones. After few minutes sound suddenly turns into normal and its ok till next reboot. 

Second - sometimes (not always) microphone captures sound really bad (with cracks) or even worse - it completly modulates my voice (only reboot fixes it, but not always).

What it can be? I've tried everything and I have no idea what I can do with this situation. Those issues happens on every version of Realtek HD dedicated to my laptop. I've tried also completly disabling this faulty driver, but on default Windows driver I have some anoying sound cracks (especialy on headphones). 

Thanks in advice for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hello, yes - i fixed it

you need to instal proper hp drivers, then turn on B&O Play audio control  and change your output to HD Audio 2nd output

it fixes everything and from then audio works like it should 🙂

shame on HP experts [edit] i had to figure this out on my own 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@mxck 

Please do a clean install Audio softeware/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92780.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Nothing has changed 😞 Flat sound is still happening.

HP Recommended

And thats it? Only way to fix it is to reinstall broken drivers? Or buying external sound card? Its a shame because laptop for 900$ shouldnt have those issues. And I know, thats software fault. After rolling out Realtek Drivers everything works fine till next reboot when sound with Microsoft's default drivers has really anoying cracks. 

HP Recommended

Hey @mxck, have you found any fix for this? I got the exact same problems. Sometimes my Realtek sound just goes flat, and I have no idea how to make it "alive" again. And the High Definition Audio Device (the default Microsoft driver) was annoying crackily sounds when using headphones (mostly on the left side).

Maybe some HP expert can help again, because I've been looking for a fix for months now.

HP Recommended

hello, yes - i fixed it

you need to instal proper hp drivers, then turn on B&O Play audio control  and change your output to HD Audio 2nd output

it fixes everything and from then audio works like it should 🙂

shame on HP experts [edit] i had to figure this out on my own 🙂

HP Recommended

hi, link that provides to audio driver is dead, can you upload it again? windows just removed my driver and i cant find it anywhere...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.