cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alfinga
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Record and Playback settings in 'Sounds' to record off internet onto Adobe Audition

HP Recommended
Hp Notebook-14 bp026na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Audacity and Adobe Audition.

I'm trying to record playback off the internet, but can not find the right settings in 'Sounds'. What to enable and disable. I've switched off the mic to avoid extrenal/ambient room noises, but then it records nothing at all.

Any help greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 265
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What you are attempting cannot be done without additional software or hardware.

Some external sound interfaces with built in mixers, such as my RME Fireface UCX, allow you to route sound output from the computer back into an input that you can record.

If you do not have such a sound interface, your only option is to use 'virtual sound card' software. I don't have a particular recommendation, but there are some free options out there. You need to set the output on Windows to the virtual sound card's input, then record the output of the virtual sound card in Audacity or Audition.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation