Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6
Other

So I just installed windows 10, and the beats audio software and EQ is no longer here. The speakers sound horrible and tinny and make me want to vommit.  There isn't much support out there for Windows 10 yet, so I figured I would get it going.  I just need some sort of EQ that will fix the audio throughout all the programs that play sound-browsers, spotify, windows media player, etc. Any help you guys could give me would be hugely appreciated.

I tried installing the IDT Audio Driver, but it said the hardware detected is not supported by IDT audio driver. I looked in the Device Manager and see High Definition Audio Device under Sound, video, and game controllers and high definition audio controller under system devices. Both have the most recent drivers.

Thanks for the help

46 REPLIES 46
HP Recommended

what is your model number of your laptop/desktop

you might need to go to your support page and reinstall the audio driver

then restart the machine let it load then open control panel to see if Beats is there

HP Recommended

It is an HP Pavilion dv6 6c00 laptop. I'll try that though

HP Recommended

Now there is no sound at all... the speakers do not even show up under the sound playback devices. They are there in the device manager but not in the control panel as an option

EDIT: Windows just updated and fixed the no sound problem. Still sounds tinny though through the speakers though

HP Recommended

I am no longer able to use my beats audio after updating to windows 10. The app comes up but the Beats tour and beats studio presets are gone. When  I adjust the equalizer there is no change to the audio output. Please help someone I am an audiophile and I am struggling to listen to this muddy music my computer is now producing!

HP Recommended

bingo... i am having the same issue, no speakers, no beats.. ummm no tunes , not even showing up  in playback.. 

HP Recommended

i had the same issue.

don't change the "IDT high definition driver" as an other user says to do!! use the same driver that you used in windows 8.1.

to solve the audio issue you have to:

-  click right on the speaker icon on the right of your desktop;

- select "playback devices";

- select "advance" and change the default format with an higher or lower value;

- apply

now your speakers will work again

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem with my HP envy 17. 

I reinstalled the original IDT driver.

Path to the driver file:

C:\SWSetup\Drivers\Audio\IDTsetup

It is all working again.

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

my beats loads and shows on my screan but when i go to listening experience it blanks off...so i cant ajust anything:any help out there

HP Recommended

Windows 10 'upgrade' has been a complete pain in the ass for me.  I've also had really crappy sound since updating (dv6-6c38tx), it used be really good, but now it's like listing to a tin can.

I've tried a few things but none of them work..

along with my audio, my Touchpad settings never save and always revert back to default settings on restart/shutdown.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.