Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I've 'upgraded' to Windows 10 (previously Win7) too, and I previously had Beats Audio software come with the Laptop (dv6-6c38tx).  

It stayed with the computer after the upgrade, but It just no longer works.  I go into the Beats Control Panel and switch between the pre-set equaliser, and nothing changes.  It used to change when going from Movie, Music and Voice, but now, nothing.

The sound now is really tinny and what I would expect from a lower-end computer.  I have no bass and no real depth to the audio.  I have it on full volume and it ain't that good.

I've tried going back to old drivers and stuff like that, but nothing is working properly.  

HP Recommended

I did a lot of research on here and found this worked perfectly.  After install,  Perfect sound as before and the Beats software Icon was back in both my tray and the Control Panel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRwu10KW5iY

.In the Video of course he used the computer that he has....  HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx Notebook PC.  Although I have a totally different Envy Computer I found his ENVY Model and used it.  Follow his instruction, find the Audio file sp63555 (which you will fine in "details" of the Audio file). 

HP Recommended

This really works Download windows 8.1 IDT audio driver from HP drivers download.  Then install that driver on Windows 10, at the end of installation I faced some issue at the end that aborted my installation but it fixed my audio. Dont know how!! :OpenSmile:

Thank you

Dharmesh

HP Recommended

I can help with the touchpad drivers.  Believe it or not, it's a 10 second fix, but you may have to update settings after Microsoft updates, so I recommend copying the link to your desktop.

Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Fix

As for Beats, mine was working fine until I installed Windows 10 Anniversary update.  Now I don't even have a control panel.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. It really works. Though my pathway slightly differs but i understood that the IDT Programme is the primary one to reinstall. 

HP Recommended

I don't know what I must be doing wrong then, because everything I've tried through this message board doesn't work for me.

HP Recommended

I did manage to get the Beats reinstalled, but after downloading the required .exe file, was unable to install it because Windows kept insisting on blocking it.  Even after turning off Windows Firewall and disabling UAC, I still couldn't install. Ultimately, I ended up saving a copy of the driver (the .exe file) to my desktop and using 7Zip to unpack it. Completed the installation by using the driver's internal setup.exe and, voila, an hour later, my Beats Audio is back!

HP Recommended

Thanks ...Worked perfectly for me

HP Recommended

I've given up on trying to reinstall the beats interface, but stumble upon a very simple solution. Going to the IDT playback device properties (right click on sound icon on notif area - playback devices - IDT HD audio CODEC - properties) I noticed the tone controls settings were messed up (Bass set to min and treble to max). I just reset them to 0 and sound was back to normal. Hope this helps

HP Recommended

SOLUTION: Quick answer and solution: Download the IDT driver (it includes Beats after a reboot) from my GoogleDrive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6OFUugVH6DuMVV6VE9lN0t1c3c/view?usp=sharing 

EXPLANATION: The link above contains the IDT driver that I used to get Beats back for my HP ENVY dv7-7243cl. I don’t think it is model specific. But if your system did not have Beats originally installed, you may get a message to that effect and won’t be able to install the driver.

Not to repeat all the same problems about how much time and effort I spent on trying to get the Beats Control Panel back, I also tried getting drivers from the HP site but they are no longer available for my HP ENVY dv7-7243cl.

When I first bought this HP years ago, I downloaded all the available drivers (also a Service Manual from another site). There are 35 individua drivers I had downloaded before they were mand unavailable from the HP site. These include the original Cyberlink products, DriveGuard, CoolSense, SimplePass, RapidStart, ProtectSmart, and a bunch of other original drivers. If anyone needs an of these, let me know and I’ll share the link. I hope this helps at least one person - Veliko

If this solution has worked mark Reply 'Accept as Solution'

Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right if you wish to say Thanks, Give KUDOS
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.