Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6-1d60us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I play audio with the windows media, through youtube, or even starting up the right speaker produces a screechy crackling noise, even when checking the sound volume. Should I replace the speaker? I already tried updating sound driver and that did not work. I used a wireless connection for youtube. the sound worked fine the night before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Freedomcat

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

You seem to have understood exactly what our Chimney had been trying to convey 😉

And Yes, please Contact HP to get the speakers replaced (Free if covered by HP warranty).

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Freedomcat

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a crackling noise from the right speakers on your notebook. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Do you get the crackling noise with headphones as well?

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here to know more about HPSA. 

Once all the drivers are updated. Please refer to this HP Article and test the speakers individually as suggested in Step of the article. 

For any service options please contact our phone support for assistance. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The crackling is only in the right side, I tested both of them. There is no crackling with headphones. I already checked the drivers are upto date. I think that the speaker is showing it's age and needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended

@Freedomcat

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

You seem to have understood exactly what our Chimney had been trying to convey 😉

And Yes, please Contact HP to get the speakers replaced (Free if covered by HP warranty).

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.