Intern
11 10 1 15
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SOLVED! BEATS AUDIO NOT WORKING OR MISSING AFTER ANY WINDOWS UPDATE

ENVY dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If your Beats Audio disappeared after any type Windows update. Here is the solution. I’ve posted this on a previous thread that is now outdated so since Microsoft recently released a major update, here is the solution to the missing Beats Audio disappeared – again.

SOLUTIONQuick answer and solution: Download the IDT driver (it includes the Beats Panel after you do reboot).
(a) Download from my GoogleDrive here:
IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver With Beats - sp59654.exe
(b) Install it
(c) REBOOT

I hope this helps at least one person – Veliko (Please click the purple thumbs up below if this helped you)

EXPLANATION: The link above contains the IDT driver that includes the Beats Audio Panel and Sound. I used if for my H0P ENVY dv7-7243cl but I’m pretty sure that it is NOT model specific and will install on any HP laptop that has the red Beats Logo on it. So if your system did not have Beats originally installed, you may get a message to that effect and won’t be able to install the driver.

I hope this helps at least one person – Veliko (Please click the purple thumbs up below if this helped you)

Much time and effort was spent on trying to get the Beats Control Panel back. I also tried getting drivers from the HP site but they are no longer available for the HP ENVY dv7-7243cl.

When the laptop was purchased years ago, I downloaded all the available drivers (including a Service Manual from another site). There are 35 individual drivers that I had downloaded before the links were removed from the HP site. These include the original Cyberlink products, DriveGuard, CoolSense, SimplePass, RapidStart, ProtectSmart, and a bunch of other original drivers. If you need any of these, here ya go:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6OFUugVH6DuMkJSYmVubndKbUU?usp=sharing DISCLAIMER: I can’t be held accountable if you misuse or install the wrond driver for your machine

If this solution has worked mark Reply 'Accept as Solution'

Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right if you wish to say Thanks, Give KUDOS
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,339 14,019
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SOLVED! BEATS AUDIO NOT WORKING OR MISSING AFTER ANY WINDOWS UPDATE

Drivers for Windows 8 are still posted for your laptop:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-dv7-7200-notebook-pc-series/5296050/model/5...

Located using the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Software and Drivers" from the menu. On the next page enter your Model Number. After entering  click 'Find my product' button. On the next page be sure  Windows 8 is selected-if not Edit to change.A list will populate with drivers/software.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation