01-10-2017 12:35 PM
I started to get sctratchy sound after I have updated to Aniversary update windows 10 .
The sound keeps changing,sometimes good beats audio quality ,sometimes scratchy . If I low the basses in beats equalizer ,I have a better sound but then I remain without basses .It hapens that listening to a song on youtube with good quality,and then the next video can have that sratchy sound.I tried latest driver updates even the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio driver from a supported Hp laptop .I reinstalled the drivers ,I changed the rates and bits (hz) Nothing heleped !
I would be very grateful if someone could help me with it !
Here is a link where can be heard the sound I get
01-11-2017 11:10 AM
Hello, @Tyeston – Hope you are well
Thanks for reaching out. This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.
I see that you are having audio issues with the HP Pavilion notebook. Try using the HP guided solutions to try and fix the issue. Check here: http://hp.care/2dp5pwy
If the issue still persists, try the steps below:
- Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
- Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Right-click on “Realtek high definition audio CODEC” (It might be a different brand as well) and select “Update driver software”.
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software” – Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Select “High Definition Audio Device” (Not Realtek High Def... This is important) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply “Yes”.
- Once windows have successfully updated the driver software, try playing the audio again and check.
Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
03-17-2017 11:29 PM
Did not work.Latest drivers don”t work on my computer.The problem is in HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE
I need to get that driver that was before aniversary update .It is in windows.old folder but I don”t know where .I need HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE driver Version 10.0 10240.16384
After aniversary update that version is not there ,even if I roll back the driver.