Post new question
Question

Distinguished Professor
Message 1 of 3 (150 Views)

Sending audio output via Bluetooth to Jabra SoleMate Mini

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP 14-AM038CA
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP 14-AM038CA laptop, running 64-bit Windows 10 (Version 1607) including the March 2017 updates downloaded/installed yesterday via Windows Update.

Earlier this week, because the laptop has no built-in BlueTooth capability, I purchased a BlueTooth adapter, and connected that dongle into an available USB port.

Windows 10 does recognize the dongle, and it's visible under the "BlueTooth" branch within "Device Manager", and as a network device in the "Performance" tab of "Task Manager".

Further, the laptop successfully "pairs" with the Jabra SoleMate Mini (BlueTooth speaker).

See: www.jabra.ca/music/wireless-speakers/jabra-solemate-mini

When I turn-on the Jabra, an internal recording announces "fully charged".  So, lack of electrical power is not a problem.

Of course, if I use the Jabra-supplied audio-cable to connect the laptop's audio-output headphone-jack into the Jabra, the audio does play on the Jabra -- but, that's not the "wireless-via-BlueTooth" transmission method that I want.

That audio-cable is inconveniently short -- barely 30 cm long -- so I want to use BlueTooth between the laptop and the Jabra, once it's placed into a better location.

My iPhone 4S also "pairs" successfully with the HP laptop. So, "pairing" is not a problem.

However, within Windows 10, I cannot find a way to route the audio-output from the HP into the Jabra.

I looked at "Playback Devices" tab in the "Audio" control, and found that the Jabra is not listed, and there is no (apparent) way to add the Jabra as a "playback device".

What should I do?

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: Sending audio output via Bluetooth to Jabra SoleMate Mni

@mdklassen

As you mentioned "Windows 10 does recognize the dongle, and it's visible under the "BlueTooth" branch within "Device Manager", and as a network device in the "Performance" tab of "Task Manager".

Is the dongle from HP ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Distinguished Professor
Message 3 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: Sending audio output via Bluetooth to Jabra SoleMate Mni

> Is the dongle from HP ?

No, but it is working -- visible in Device Manager, and successfully "pairing" with 3 other devices.

Next?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation