Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Severely distorted audio over bluetooth on HP EliteBook 8770W

HP Recommended
EliteBook 8770W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have severely distorted audio on my EliteBook 8770W.  It's unusable, broken up and gappy.  Really painful.  I'm trying to play it through bluetooth across to a QED bluetooth receiver plugged into my hifi.  That QED works faultlessy with all my other bluetooth source devices (phones, other computers, iPad, etc).

I've tried uninstalling the driver for the "Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adaptor" with the "remove driver software for this device" option ticked.  I rebooted and the device was back in action and the driver in place as if I'd never uninstalled it.

The driver details are as follows:

Driver date: 14 July 2015

Driver version: 12.0.1.659

Side note: my EliteBook can't even seem to see another bluetooth audio device of mine: and Avantree bluetooth headset receiver.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
79 79 3 10
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
First, try modifying the Speakers properties. 1. Right-click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner in desktop and select Playback devices.  2. In Playback tab, select your speakers, which is set as default, and click Properties.  3. Click Advanced tab. Under “Default Format”, alter the sample rate and bit depth until one of the settings works. Click Apply and OK to save the change.  If the problem persists, try uninstalling and updating the audio driver.   Uninstall Audio Driver in Device Manager 1. Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.  2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button. This is to open Device Manager Window.  3. In Device Manager, expand category “Sound, video and game controllers“.  Under this category, right-click on your sound card device name. A context menu will pop up. Then select Uninstall.  4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button. 5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting, Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver. If uninstalling driver doesn’t work, try updating the driver. Update Audio Driver in Device Manager 1. In Device Manager, right-click on your sound device name. Select Update Driver Software… 2. Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will search and install the new driver for you. 3. Restart your PC for the change to take effect.   **Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others** ******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.*****  
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation