Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Skype audio is distorted

17-y088cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows is up to date, Skype is up to date. There is no other software on this lpatop. Make a Skype call and the audio is garbled. I googled the problem  and there appears to be no resolution for this. HP can I get some assistance? 

5 REPLIES 5
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
416 411 28 67
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Skype audio is distorted

Hello,

I am going to assume you have the DTS audio software installed on your laptop.

If you do, go to Cortana's search bar on the bottom-left corner and type "DTS". The DTS control center should appear.

Go to "listening experience" and disable "audio enhancements".

If your laptop does not come with DTS audio software, simply right-click on the volume icon on the bottom-right corner of your screen, select playback devices, double-click on your speakers then go to the "Enhancements" tab and un-tick the audio enhancements" box.

Cheers

Charlie53 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Skype audio is distorted

It does not have DTS it has Realtek HD audio. I already turned off all enhancements, Updated windows to the latest Developers version. Updated the BIOS from HP support. Updated the Realtek audio drivers from HP (2016 version) then went to Realtek site and updated with their latest version from 2017. Nothing changed.  Still can't use Skype and my wife uses it daily to stay in touch with her elderly parents. I have to get this working. 

0 Kudos
Charlie53 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Skype audio is distorted

Anyone have any suggestions? HP support? Is there a fix to this issue? 

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
416 411 28 67
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Skype audio is distorted

Hello again,

Most people browsing the forums are customers or volunteers.

If you wish to speak to HP Technical SUpport, you need to contact them via phone or chat.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

As for any further suggestions, I would try re-installing Skype. If the audio issue occurs only when using Skype then it might be best to call Microsoft as it is developed by them.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
17 10 2 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Skype audio is distorted

Thank you. This solved the problem.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation