Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (264 Views)

Sound Coming From Headphones AND Speakers

Product Name: HP Sleekbook15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I plugged my headphones into my laptop and the sound plays through both the speakers and the headhphones. I tried restarting my laptop, deleting the sound drive and reinstalling it, etc. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (236 Views)

Re: Sound Coming From Headphones AND Speakers

Hi @thedon856, Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I understand your laptop is playing sound both via speakers and headphones at the same time. Try these steps and check:

• Plug in your headphone to the laptop.
  • Go to control panel – Sound.
  • Select the “Recording” tab.
  • Right-click on headset/microphone and select “Set as default device”.
  • Apply the settings and then try playing some sound to check.

If the issue still persists, please let me know the manufacturer name of your audio drivers. You can press “Windows key” & “R” to get run window. Type “devmgmt.msc” and press ok. Expand the “Sound, video and game controllers” to know the name of the audio drivers.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (230 Views)

Tried it and it did not work for me. My audio drivers are AMD and IDT. 

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (228 Views)

Hi @thedon856, Thank you for the reply.

Please check http://hp.care/2cyNsvR where the same issue is solved by one of the experts. Since your product details are different, follow the below-mentioned steps.

• Go to device manager – Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
  • Right-click on both the audio drivers and select “Uninstall”. Also select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device” and press ok.
  • Go to http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and fill in you product details to get into your notebook driver downloads page.
  • First, expand “Driver-Audio” then download and save the IDT audio drivers. (Do not “Run / install” the drivers yet).
  • Then expand “Driver-Chipset” and then download and install “chipset installation utility” (AMD / Intel chipset depending upon your notebook processor).
  • Shutdown your laptop.
  • Then unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.
  • Enter BIOS menu by first tapping continuously while the laptop is powered on and then by pressing the F10 in the start-up menu.
  •  Press F9 to load the defaults, use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press F10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.
  • Then load the windows, go to your downloads folder and install the audio drivers and check.

I will watch for your reply.

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation