Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-b000 Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening,
i am having a problem with my HP Pavilion 15-b168CA Touchscreen sleekbook. it keeps automaticaly updating to the latest version of windows 10, but the problem is when it does the sound gets really bad and barely hearable. So i restore it to the older windows. but now since yesterday it keeps dirctly updating and i cant even use my laptop becasue the sound is really quiet. Thanks in advance for any help.

Have a nice one 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing this W10 IDT audio driver from a slightly newer HP notebook works on your model.  Restart the PC after installing the driver...

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

6.10.6491.0     Windows 10 (64-bit)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing this W10 IDT audio driver from a slightly newer HP notebook works on your model.  Restart the PC after installing the driver...

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

6.10.6491.0     Windows 10 (64-bit)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

HP Recommended

I did what you said and it worked perfectly... thank you so so much for your quick reply and your help. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Unfortunately it didn´t work for me. The sound still comes out very muffled compared to prior de update. I have to bring the volume up to 70 to hear videos from Youtube properly. Is there anything else I could try? Would you suggest uninstalling the sound drivers and installing them again?

Thank you in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.