MistereBandit Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Sound Stuttering when connected via HDMI

Envy TS M6 Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Decided to run this old laptop to my TV so that I could watch shows from online. When I connected using an HDMI cable the sound cuts in and out very bad. Thought the cable might be bad so I switched it out for a new high dollar cable but still has the same problem. Issue occurs both streaming and when testing using system sounds (such as "test" in the sound setup in device manager). Running Windows 10 (64-bit) and have installed all system updates and have tried updating the audio driver but it is saying I have the most up to date driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8105 482 894
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Sound Stuttering when connected via HDMI

Welcome to HP Forums @MistereBandit,

Thanks for the post, I see you are not happy with the audio quality you are receiving from the HDMI port. Kudos to you for checking the HDMI cable and audio driver for your computer. I will be glad to help you from here.

Firstly, I request you to provide the product number of you computer, so that I can assist you accurately, as there are several products list with the product information you have provided.

Recommend you to use HP Support Assistant to make sure you have the correct driver installed and also you can use the same HPSA to run diagnostics on audio issue. 

Please refer to this article for using HPSA.

Please reply with product number for further assistance, hope this helped. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation