Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sound/Video Issues after Conexant Driver Update 5/14/17

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Apparently my laptop updated the audio driver on 5/14.  For the last few weeks (probably since the update) my audio is not working or working only immediately after a reboot and I'm having video issues as well.  I've tried updating the driver but the issue remains.  I don't know what to do at this point.  Please help.  I have classes to take online 😞  My Windows 10 driver is completely up to date.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,345 14,060
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sound/Video Issues after Conexant Driver Update 5/14/17

Get your  Product number from the Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop (may be under battery) You can also get it by holding Fn key and tapping esc key. Be sure all windows are closed when you do this as it will be underneath any open windows.How To Find Model/Product Number

Once you have the info, use the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Software and Drivers" from the menu. On the next page enter your Product Number. After entering  click 'Find my product' button. On the next page be sure correct OS is selected-if not click Change to edit .A list will populate with drivers/software.

Download & Save the latest Audio driver.Go into Control Panel,Programs & Features -Uninstall Conexant software.Restart the laptop. After Windows loads, install Conexant audio using the downloaded file.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation