Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G2 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use two HP ZBook 17 G2 laptops (4th generation processor) This computer has an M.2 PCIE bay and two more SATA 2.5" bays There is only a specific model of a rare M.2 disk that is suitable for booting the computer, I installed Windows 10 and an external sound card is connected via USB, when the system is installed on 2.5" All Fix! After several attempts the system is installed on M.2, the sound card works fine, but when I tried to restore it again on the second computer on an additional M.2 disk? The sound card stutters , I made an image of the installed system on the second M.2 disk, the problem is the card has a stuttering sound, I got a new M.2 disk, a new installation or an Image of the the previous good installation, there is no possibility to restore the success of the first disk. All 3 M.2 disks are completely identical (same model, same the manufacturer is the same volume) if the problem is with the sound card? Why did I still manage to install once and it works and on the same computer with other identical M.2 disks it does not work, another sound card from a different manufacturer works without any problem.  manufacturer works without any problem. I remove and reinstalled drivers
Without success.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the source of the problem, updating the FW version of the M.2 disk

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found the source of the problem, updating the FW version of the M.2 disk

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.