Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
lesjoc Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sound fluctuations on Pavillion Beats Notebook

Pavillion 17-f114dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying to solve the sound fluctuations on my HP beats but have been unsuccessful with the options I've seen posted.  Did HP ever come out with a real solution?

HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-f114dx

Model #: J9N57UA

I have updated all drivers and removed beats drivers.

Any suggestions are appretiated.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
Teacher
Teacher
121 4 13
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

good that you have updated the drivers , if you have an external speaker , or a head phone , connect it and check if the fluctuations persists even then , if not it is  fluctuating it is the internal speaker problem , you need to get the laptop repaired , if it fluctuates on the external speaker too then run a recovery 

run a recovery : steps to run a recovery

•  power down the note book 
  • as soon as you hit the power button , keep tapping the esc key on the top left corner until a new window opens up(the start up menu ) 
  • choose the option f11 and choose the option trouble shooting, and run the option called recovery

Note: recovery  will cause all the data to be lost on your computer and makes the computer to go back to day 1 condition , try and back up the data before you run the recovery 

0 Kudos
lesjoc Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this option. 

I am really hoping for a solution that does not require a complete reset - too many work setting that will take hours and hours to re-do.  There must be a way to fix this without losing everything, and still not even being sure it would fix the issue.

Does anyone have a different option?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
121 4 13
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

apart from the recovery , did you try to check with the head phones or external speakers?

0 Kudos
lesjoc Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue with headphones, external and internal speakers.  Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation