rahul_snickers Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sound from speakers ad headphones plays for approx half an hour and then doesn't play till i restart

HP Envy J111TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello , 

I've had a lot of audio problesms with my laptop once I had updated to Windows 10. My audio has just given up on me. 

During the starting , my audio jack never used to work. Speakers used to work fine then. 

Latley my speakers have gone crazy too. 
Once i power up my laptop ,  the sound works both on my speakers and my headphones clearly. For some time though. 

After like half an hour , the sound just dies automatically. It doesn't play any sounds including test sounds. Sometime i can't even play a video when there's no output ( Vlc) also a song cannot be played to any of the music players due to sound being off.  I have to restart my laptop every time to get the sound back. And then again the problem continues. 

I've tried every troubleshooting methods that i've found both on the  laptop and the forums here. 

My audio driver IDT High Definition audio. 

All my enhancements were disabled. Beats audio control is also reseted. Updated drivers through HP Support and also 3rd party , none of them worked. 

Also changed the driver from IDT to High Definition Audio ( Microsoft ) and was set as default. Have tried the default audio quality too, still couldn't fix. 

Even then the audio troubles contrinued. 

Although, my microphone works perfectly. I was able to make a skype call and the other person was able to hear me but still i had no sound output. 

I've never done any changes to the settings since the Beats audio was giving mind blowing audio that I've never messed with any of the settings. I had also done switching off the laptop , removing the battery and holding power button of 30 sec. Didn't work. 

The laptop never had any physical damage , so i'm not sure if it can be a Audio hardware problem.  I might be wrong here though.

Eery time I installed IDT audio drivers , I could see both Speakers and Headphones and microphone enabled and able to detect that a sound is playing from other source ( Due to illumination on bars on the right of the name ). But still there's no output. 

There was one thing i wanted to do which was checking audio hardware using UEFI check up in HP Diagnostics , but currently i'm on MBR that i didn't want to consider a change right now. 

Any sugggestions on what I can do next. 

Thanks  , 

Rahul

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sound from speakers ad headphones plays for approx half an hour and then doesn't play till i restart

Hello @rahul_snickers,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the sound issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that you have tried many troubleshooting steps, and is still having trouble with the sound.

Are you able to use the go back feature, to return to the previous Operating System?  Have you tried restoring the BIOS to its default settings.  You can use the following document to assist you: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

If you are still having trouble, then you can try reviewing the following document, just to see if there are any steps that you may have missed.  Please post back with the results: 

HP Notebook PCs - No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
rahul_snickers Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DId revert back to Windows 8.1 , the problem still existed. 
Haven't restored back to BIOS. Will update once I'm done. Also  No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers troubleshooting was done and no change has occured, the problems still remains the same.

Thanks for the suggestions. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation